Friday, May 23, 2014

Week of April 28 - May 2 Journal

4/28 - 5/2

I was just told by someone that the journals for this marking period are supposed to be once a week reflections, so I'm going to summarize my journals for each day into a weekly overview.

This week we tried to do some things outside. We did a study in the back of the school in pastel, and other similar studies. We also did work in the atrium and work areas, transferring original sketches onto monotype plexiglass and ran prints of them. I realized how much I had actually learned in the art wing in the past few years, and I suddenly became so appreciative of Mr. Wertz for being such an influential person in my life. I have been thinking about how much different my life would be if I went to a school like Christian School of York or York Catholic where their art programs are more or less non-existent. I would probably be going to college to do something I didn't care about that much. But Wertz and the other art teachers have made me realize that I have a true passion for art, and wherever that takes me, I have to be grateful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment