Thursday, May 22, 2014

5/22/14 Journal

5/22/14

Today I was in charge of giving a demo for the kids. We started watercolor self portraits, which I had done before, but they're very difficult - especially without preliminary line work. Looking at a mirror and using a half inch flat brush to try and convey realism is really difficult. Especially when you haven't used watercolor in almost a whole semester and you're pressured to do it much quicker than normal. But it was a n interesting experience for me. I was a little bit nervous, but I realized that I had the skills for the demo. Of course, the kids didn't pay attention to me as much as they would Wertz since I'm a peer rather than a teacher, but I was glad that they stuck around to see my demonstration. Hopefully I can do something like that again in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment