Friday, May 23, 2014

Week of April 14 - 18 Journal

4/14-4/18

This week we continued to work on the shoe paintings. I got pretty far into my 3 part series alongside the kids. Though they only had to complete one piece, and it certainly took longer than expected, the results were actually pretty cool. I always think it's interesting to see where projects that Wertz comes up with start, and where they end up. You're never really sure what processes you'll be using, and I don't think he is either until the last moment. It keeps the kids and me on our toes, and I'm sure it keeps him on his toes as well. I've learned that artists often come up with the concepts for their work from things that happen in daily life for them, which is awesome. I love recognizing what influences me on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment