Friday, May 23, 2014

Week of April 21 - 25 Journal

4/21/25

This week we focused mostly on self portraiture. It is one of the hardest things to do in the art world. Wertz allowed the kids do use photographs instead of mirrors, but they still struggled with it. I realized that if I do become a teacher, I need to make sure that I'm challenging my students at the same time as I am making sure they're not too frustrated to complete good work. In a first level class like the one we have, the kids want to do things in a pre-set process and not stray from it at all. For me, I can remember the days when I was like that and see now that I have grown a lot as an artist. That's because I was challenged a lot, but also allowed to do work that I wanted to do, and experiment. Sometimes it was frustrating, but it made me better.

No comments:

Post a Comment