Friday, January 24, 2014

Concentration Statement(s)

Throughout the semester, my body of work has been following a concentration statement that I began drafting in the beginning of the year. This statement has evolved, changed, and become more concise. At this point in the school year, I have two possible directions in which my concentration may end up going. These themes are as follows


The first:


I would like my body of work to portray the negative effects of the technological world that we live in, and the consequences that it can have on personal interaction. With everyone constantly checking their cell phones, updating social media, listening to music, and not paying attention to one another in person, it seems as if we are beginning to avoid eye contact, avoid speaking, and avoid others. My work will speak about these issues, and portray the negative aspects of the technology that we all adore and are addicted to.


The second:

My work is concentrated around the aspects of my senior year of high school. The twelve pieces that encompass my portfolio are (will be) works that portray myself enduring twelve different aspects, dilemmas or emotions of senior year. The surfaces that these paintings are done on will also be important to the overall theme. The media on which I paint will connect to the concept that is being painted. For instance, the image of “Self reflection” is painted on an old bathroom mirror, making the work even more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment